Our bakers make this festival a success! We urgently need your chocolate entries! … We need you!
Is Your Chocolate Treat Tasty Enough to Enter? We Bet It Is!
Professional chefs, great bakers, and admiring amateurs from around the region will compete for bragging rights, ribbons and prizes by donating their best chocolate desserts to this event.
We need your chocolate donations…and YOU get to decide if you want them judged or not.
We understand that some of our community bakers would love to participate, but don’t want their entries judged. So now we have given you that option.
On the entry form, you can check your preference! Even though it’s a donation, you still have to fill out an entry for us so we know how much chocolate to expect. We need 100 additional entries this year to feed the coming hordes!
2020 Rules for Entries
If you are an amateur baker and have selected your entry to be judged, you will be competing for ribbons and prizes, including a $100 Gift Certificate to area restaurants.
- All online applications for entries must be received by Friday, January 24, 2020 at 8am.
- NEW – Two days for dropping off entries! All entries must be received on either Saturday, January 25th between 2PM and 5PM or Sunday, January 26, 2020 between 7AM and 10AM (festival morning), at Unionville High School, 750 Unionville Road, Kennett Square, PA .
Judging begins at 10:30AM.
- You will receive a confirmation email when you submit your entry.
- Late entries will not be judged, but are welcome and appreciated as tasting samples.
- All entries must be shelf stable; no entries requiring refrigeration will be accepted. Plates and containers should be disposable as they will not be returned.
- An entry may be made from any ingredients, not necessarily from scratch, as long as some type of chocolate or white chocolate is included.
- Recipes need not be your own creation.
- Multiple entries are encouraged. Each entry must have its own entry form. See below for desired quantities. Double batches are deeply appreciated…especially cakes!
- Following judging, the public will sample the contest entries through the purchase of tasting tickets.
Specific Rules for Per Category
- Full-sized cakes only, please. Minimum of 8″ round or 1/4 sheet cake. We would deeply appreciate two cakes of the same recipe as these
are popular items that go quickly.
- All entries must be shelf stable. No ingredients that require refrigeration. No Cheesecakes.
- Cutting of tasting portions will be done by event staff after the
- An entry will consist of a minimum of 48 cookies. More are greatly appreciated.
- Cookies must be approximately 2-1/2″ in diameter.
- An entry will consist of a minimum of 36 cupcakes. More are greatly appreciated.
- Cupcakes should be a standard size (2″ to 2-1/2″)
- An entry will consist of a minimum of 36 candies. More are greatly appreciated.
- An entry will consist of two trays approximately 9″ x 13″ (disposable foil pans). More are greatly appreciated.
- Brownies SHOULD NOT BE CUT. We will cut brownies after judging.
- Any container or plate used will not be returned.
Note: Dessert pops will be categorized for entry purposes based on their interior primary ingredient. Thus, please enter cake pops in Cakes and brownie pops in Brownies, etc.
Our bakers make this event a success!
Thank you for supporting the Kennett Chocolate Lovers Festival.
PLEASE NOTE! You MUST HIT SUBMIT AT THE END to submit your entries!!!
Thank you for your interest! We are no longer able to accept entries for judging for 2020, BUT we do still need donated chocolate treats! Please help us help our community and consider donating a chocolate dessert. Drop-off your goody either Saturday, January 25th between 2pm-5pm OR Sunday, January 26th from 7am-10am at Unionville High School gymnasium - 750 Unionville Road Kennett Square. Questions? Please call 610-444-HELP